Tuesday, February 24, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!

NY Times: TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- A man held a woman captive in handcuffs and an adult diaper for three days while he read Bible passages to her, police said. Troy Brisport, 34, was charged with kidnapping and felonious assault. Bail was set Tuesday at $400,000. He picked up the woman Wednesday night in Detroit after she told him she had nowhere to stay, and brought her to his home in Toledo, about 55 miles away, police said.


Step aside Katie Holmes. Fuck you Jimmy Jackson. There's a new star in T-Town! You know we normally like to save the "real news" for true journalists like Bill O'Reilly, but as a former Toledoan I just had to give a shout-out to The Glass City on this one. This is classic stuff and I hope everyone back in the 419 is just swelling with pride right now. If Katie Couric doesn't lead off the CBS Evening News with this one tonight I have no idea what she's gonna talk about. The economy? I mean this is the kind of stuff that really makes me want to puff my chest out when people ask where I'm from. "So Mr. Higgins where you from?" "Oh you know, Troy Brisport's hometown. No big deal."

Well played Mr. Brisport. Well played.


(Special Thanks to Erik for the heads up on this one.)
BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment